These Nutella Cupcakes are so moist, and chocolatey topped with a rich Nutella cream cheese frosting. They’re decadent, completely homemade and so easy to whip up.
This Nutella frosting is incredibly luscious and it goes so well with the moist cupcakes! Best part? It’s super easy to make! It takes less than five minutes and the mixer does all the work.
Few days back I had a private baking class for a 9 year old and taught her the nuances of making these perfectly moist and most indulgent cupcakes. Sharing my Nutella cupcakes recipe for you to try as well!
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
BAKE TIME: 18 minutes
PASSIVE TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
1/4 cup Nutella
1 cup caster sugar, remove 2 tbsp from it
6 tbsp cocoa powder (dutch processed)
1 egg, room temperature
123g plain flour
1/2 cup milk, full fat, room temperature
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup/ 226g cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
1/2 cup/ 113g unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
2/3 cup/ 176g Nutella
2 1/2 cup/ 250g confectioners sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder, dutch processed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Large 12 case muffin tray.
2. 12 Cupcake liners
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 375°F.
2. In a bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix together with a whisk.
3. In a separate bowl, add milk, water, Nutella, egg and vanilla essence. Whisk together everything to mix until well combined and no lumps of Nutella are left.
4. Drop the Nutella mix to the flour mix and gently combine them together with a whisk or a spatula to form a lump-free batter.
5. Take a 12 cup large muffin pan. Place the cupcake liners.
6. Divide the batter with the help of an ice cream scoop or a large spoon into the cupcake liners equally.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Remove from pan and cook them on cooling rack.
1. Place butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together for 4-5 minutes on medium-high speed until its smooth and fluffy. Scraping down the sides in between.
2. Add Nutella, and cream it for another minute.
3. Sift cocoa powder and confectioners sugar together.
4. With the mixer off, add sifted cocoa powder and confectioners sugar. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix for 1 minute until creamy.
5. If your frosting is bit loose add bit more confectioners sugar to adjust the consistency.
6. Add vanilla and salt. Mix for another minute.
7. Pour the frosting in a piping bag fitted with your decorative nozzle. Pipe it down on the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with chocolate curls or flutes.
If your frosting is bit loose add bit more confectioners sugar to adjust the consistency.
You can stick your frosting in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to let it firm up, which will help you pipe it easier.